Sweet! New & Improved Suites

Some of you may have noticed things are looking brighter. We’ve been working hard to improve things for our stardolls, and we’re proud to show you our redesigned Suites!

Here’s what the main Suite is looking like. You might notice a few things missing…

mainsuiteNo more wardrobe, no more doors.

If you start wondering where all your things went… take a look at the right menu! You will now see a “Wardrobe” tab. That’s where you’ll be able to find all your clothes and accessories.

wardrobeNeat & tidy, arranged by categories.

Looking for something specific? You can narrow your search by color, brand or filter — or just type in what you want in the search box!

searchGimme Chanel!

All other items, such as furniture, pets and pals will be available under “Storage”. They will also be filterable and searchable.

If you want to edit your Suite, change your interior, lock or clear a room, go to the “My Suite” tab and click on the purple Settings button on the top right corner. There you will see the available Interiors and three buttons: the first to reset your doll (in case she gets lost in a cluttered room), the second to empty the room and move everything in it to the storage and the last to lock the room.

mysuite

Done? Just click “Done”!

Be aware that these changes will not be available for everyone right away. The new Suites still need to be tested out so we can fine-tune the redesign in case something isn’t working as it should. As soon as it’s passed the test, everyone will be able to enjoy the new Suites.

Hope you’re excited about this remodeling!

66 Responses to “Sweet! New & Improved Suites”

1. 1 Mary (Elmabree) September 8, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Some of my thing are missing, especially all my seasonal and holiday things???????

2. 3 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Nothing changed to me

3. 5 Emitan September 8, 2015 at 1:22 pm

How…. do you view your friends’ wardrobes?😮

4. 6 Mary (Elmabree) September 8, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Missing all my NEW clothes too

5. 8 Anon September 8, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I am not happy with these new changes, you cant even see other members clothing anymore, all our clothes are hidden from other members and its just awful, CHANGE IT BACK

6. 9 abeer September 8, 2015 at 1:42 pm

please i want the old updete all my things is messed up!!! ):

7. 10 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 2:00 pm

HEY STARDOLL,I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA,WHEN I SAW THE PICS ABOVE…..BUT I AM SAD AS THE OTHERS ARE NOT HAPPY

8. 11 Mary (Elmabree) September 8, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Thanks Hayley! This refreshing is going to get annoying though! LOL

9. 12 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 2:12 pm

bring back the wardrobes! this update is ridiculous, it’s not what the users want

10. 13 em12468dzej September 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I CANT SEE OTHERS PEOPLE CLOSET, PLEASE CHANGE IT

11. 15 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 3:17 pm

you have stolen my wardrobe!!!

12. 16 Kat Hinman September 8, 2015 at 3:40 pm

please fix this. theres a reason i out ugly things in storage, i dont want them in the front of my closet! bring bak wardrobe storage and let me organize it how i want it again and we’ll be good. this update is bull.

13. 17 kissa1 September 8, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Am i the only one who hates it ?!!!
    Everytime i edit and try to SAVE my suite, this stupid note comes u that says “something went wrong and it won’t let me try and save my suite again.
    Some stuff from my wardrobe and closet have gone missing and my closet is all messed up looking and not organized like in my last closet was.

I really hate to be Royalty at times like these !!

14. 18 victoriachic07 September 8, 2015 at 4:04 pm

I didn’t notice anything different…lol I guess good for me

15. 19 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I can´t find my Strike-A-Pose collection, many of my LEs, Young Hollywood etc. What is going on?? I don´t like!

16. 21 Mousheyholly101 September 8, 2015 at 6:09 pm

i have the same problem as anonymous i cant find any of my strike a pose items and a lot of my rare items i am overall happy with the changes just not with my missing items i hope it can be changed soon! x

17. 23 kathat0 September 8, 2015 at 6:13 pm

O love the change, however a ton of my clothes are missing

18. 25 Faeliah September 8, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Curious though (or just blind d:) how can i create a room style with the new changes?

19. 27 Diana Davidsson September 8, 2015 at 6:29 pm

So many of my clothes and furniture are missing. I’m sure Stardoll has realized the many faults with this update and is working to fix them but this simply isn’t OK. I feel like I’ve been robbed. And I’m an adult member- I can’t imagine how the kids on this site are feeling. I wouldn’t recommend Stardoll to anyone if you asked me now…

20. 29 Winirella September 8, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I hate this, bring back my wardrobe! I paid for this account, and I feel robbed too – I have lots of things missing😦 Work on something better!

21. 30 Clueless SD September 8, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Stardoll has removed the wardrobes & made the only large room for those who can’t afford to buy large rooms even smaller, they should have kept the size of the room. The problem most of us had was with storage not the wardrobe, the wardrobe adds a look to the room. A few people had problem with how slowly the wardrobe loads because they had lots of clothes in it but we had the option of putting some clothes in storage. Maybe the wardrobes should have been made visible with the new classifications & an option to show it or not with template options for different wardrobes & doors just like we have colours & interiors in room design. Some of us choose to put only few clothes in our wardrobes & lock any room with valuable items because we have that option. It makes it interesting for those visiting & who want to dress other dolls ( admin & celebs too) in items which are no longer available in the stores This also attracts non-members as they get to see what the game looks like before joining.

I like the fact that they listened to us after years of complaints, and made the storage much easier but they seem to be changing the game so much that some older players are finding it unrecognisable. Callie is almost unrecognisable too! What has she done to her face (too much)? Who can remember the old Callie who had the same hair style & wore dull clothes for years? Lol. The game is obviously refreshed regularly to keep it alive, interesting & attract newer members, but I think stardoll should include an archive section on the site to remind older members of how the site used to be & show newer members what the site used to look like (google & other sites don’t have all the info). They’ve brought back old clothes & furniture so why not an archive template or info section.

Thanks for the update it has made searching easier but showing the wardrobe should have been an option as the problem was mainly storage.

• 31 Clueless SD September 9, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Stardoll in the filter for brands don’t forget to include stardesign & promotional or free items & the starpoint plant. This gets rid of a lot of junk. And the archive info section I talked about is some thing like the graphic novel or comic book section we have on the site. Is this blog in Australia or something, the time setting is ahead of the usual time in most countries.

22. 32 Nolli Simone K. Aggibert September 8, 2015 at 8:23 pm

O love the change, however a ton of my clothes are missing

23. 33 Nolli Simone K. Aggibert September 8, 2015 at 8:26 pm

we can not see items from our friends, and recycle what you do not want more …

24. 34 Anonymous September 8, 2015 at 8:42 pm

are any items missing from whats on your doll, in your suite or only from your closet & storeage?

25. 35 shelly September 8, 2015 at 10:07 pm

I love the changes, and I am so grateful the doors are gone. Thank you Stardoll for a job well done. Waiting patiently to have use of my interiors:)

26. 36 Lotti September 8, 2015 at 11:06 pm

”Improved” more like downscaled, this is absoultely the WORST update i have ever seen, i dont even think i can tolerate not having a wardrobe, i feel robbed! As a high paying member who has been on this site for over 8 years i am annoyed of these changes, CHANGE IT BACK NOW STARDOLL CAN’T YOU SEE HOW UNHAPPY WE ALL ARE

27. 37 Tiphaine Brydniak September 9, 2015 at 12:00 am

Hi Stardoll!

First of all, being able to search through my belongings is exactly what I’ve been needing for, like, 8 years (so I think this feature is spot on)!

However, as you probably expected, there are some things that have gone wrong – for me, what I have noticed instantly, is that a HUGE amount of my wardrobe items and storage/furniture appear to be missing. This is obviously a bit distressing so I think we would all appreciate reassurance that our things have not permanently disappeared! I think it’s a shame that the main room has had the physical wardrobe disappear as well, this was a nice feature.

In addition, I think we all need to be able to access each others’ wardrobes too.

I’m not sure that to start testing this during the Miss Stardoll World contest was a brilliant time, either. I’m in the process of updating rooms, etc, to look my very best and I am now short of items to play with! I’m certain that I’m not the only one in this position.

Thanks,

Tiphaine

• 38 Tiphaine Brydniak September 9, 2015 at 1:07 am

Can I just stress as well that I’m not even able to update my rooms/make new rooms at the moment. I’ve been trying to tonight and not all of the items save.

What I mean is – I drag items into my suite, as I always do, and arrange them then save. I come back to check the room and not everything is there. I don’t know where the other items have even gone, let alone the fact that it means I can’t actually update my suite at the moment!

Again, I understand there are going to be issues when rolling out such a big update, but doing it during a big contest is a real hindrance (though not being able to play a big feature of the game, ie designing suites, would have been a massive hindrance at any time – as this is what I spend most of my time doing and what I am paying for – but would have been more understandable to do this at another point in time…)

• 39 Tiphaine Brydniak September 10, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Just thought I would add yet more feedback, as there doesn’t appear to be an official place to do so. I can’t seem to move *new* items from room to room – and I’m afraid to put it in my storage in case I can’t find them again!

A specific example: I wanted to move my trophies to my MSW room. My old ones will move fine, but I can’t move the one I received this week – after I save and return, I can see that it hasn’t saved and instead it stays in -what used to be- the closet room. As this is an unsearchable item in the storage at the moment, I’m not going to risk putting it in there. Although people are saying that refreshing solves the issue – no matter how many times I refresh, there are items I still cannot find.

28. 40 Annakin September 9, 2015 at 12:29 am

Hi Stardoll

I was excited when a topic of discussion was created in the Royalty group about closet changes a few months back however I am saddened to say that I am disappointed with the results.
    Please change it back. I’ve spent 10 years collecting clothes on Stardoll + I’m proud of my wardrobe. I don’t like that other users can’t see what I own; a) some members are hunting for certain items to buy therefore will be dissuaded b) members can’t play dressup in my suite c) I liked that others could see how much I’ve collected + I liked seeing what other users had collected, it indicates a user’s sense of style/fashion to the visitor.

I spent quite some time organising my own closet, first by colours, then by trousers,long dresses (gowns), tops, short dresses, tights, accessories etc and I’m also sad that even if it is to revert back to the old way, my clothes won’t be organised (which took a lot of time + patience, especially as it doesn’t always work).

I like the idea that Stardoll was trying to make it easier for users to find their clothes more easily, so perhaps the use of the new system AND the closet could be present so others could see your clothes?

Also, I tend to search on brand labels + I’ve noticed the DKNY label was been dropped from pieces that aren’t as highly desired/rare. Alberta Ferreti, Elizabeth James, Kimora to name a few, these labels are missing from clothes tags altogether. There’s another really old brand + the label is gone + I can’t even remember the label to tell you what it was. Could this also be fixed too? Again it diminishes the price + erases the history of Stardoll

I’ve yet to check if items from my wardrobe + storage are missing like others have experienced, I sincerely hope not as 10 years of collecting, I might not notice things were missing. I’ve spent a lot of money on Stardoll over many years therefore, even though it’s virtual, it’s feels like property + I feel it diminishes our accounts.
    Many thanks

– Annakin

29. 41 Mary Whanna September 9, 2015 at 1:02 am

i think a walk in closet ( a big separate that holds all ur clothing) would be nice along with this new catalogue.

30. 42 summer September 9, 2015 at 1:33 am

i don’t like this new design at all! i like the organization in the wardrobe idea, but i think it should go back to the left side like it was before! also, with this new update, i can’t save a room style and there is no set as top style, or back to top style button. i think we should bring those back. also i think the closet in the suite should be an option for everyone, like when you choose if you want the helicopter in the penthouse suite, because now i have a lot of extra space that i have no idea what to do with and it just looks really weird overall. please like if you agree because this new update thing, is not working for me!

31. 43 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 3:51 am

OMG – I totally love my new suite design so far. The wardrobe and storage make it so easy to find things and redecorate! I am about to try out the suite design changes – YAY fab stardoll

32. 44 patricia September 9, 2015 at 4:53 am

I love the new set up but none of my recent purchases from MSW or museum mile are anywhere to be found. I went through every category but they are not there…….how do I get them back?
    Thanks

33. 45 susieviolet September 9, 2015 at 6:35 am

I totally agree with all the comments on the fact this new closet thing is not a good change, I had alot of co ordinated outfits tored together in my old closet tab and could just go to them and they were there at my ready, and now, i can not remember what I had “going” with what. And you must click save several times to get it to save.Oh stardoll, this was NOT a good change. I am not happy at all with this, I too have spent a considerable amount on this game, not to mention alot of my time..and now I feel like it was for nothing.

34. 46 Coen_101 September 9, 2015 at 8:07 am

WORST UPDATE EVER

I’ve been on Stardoll for over 7 years, so I’ve seen a LOT of changes. Most of them have taken me a while to get used to, but I’ve never been this upset about a change on Stardoll. What made them think this is what anybody wanted? Especially trialling it on Royalty during MSW!?!! It’s given us an unfair disadvantage.

I’ve spent a lot of time arranging my suite to work with the doors, they were such a pain, but now they’re gone I’m going to have to alter every room in my suite.

I’ve also spent a lot of time arranging my closet by BRAND (which is difficult when brands like Fudge don’t have a tag anymore). It took HOURS. If there is a swap back to the wardrobe (or even the option to choose, that would make me really happy), will my clothes be in order like they were before?

I haven’t checked to see if anything is missing, but I will notice when I do check. Especially if pieces I’ve had for a long time/paid a lot for are gone. And I feel terrible for the users who have lost items as a result of this change.

Why were we not notified that this change was occurring? I don’t think that a post in a club (an out dated feature that I really miss being popular) and a blog post AFTER the change has been made were enough. I would have liked to receive a message to notify me. It would have been even better if dolls were given the OPTION to participate in this trial or not.

I think the worst thing of all will be that newer, non superstar users will possibly like this change that screws over paying users with large collections of clothes. Once they get the change it will be permanent.

I DO LIKE the feature allowing searches within storage. Please don’t let them get rid of this change. It’s what we’ve wanted for so long.

What I don’t understand is, why did they make the change to the wardrobe function, when better bazaar search options would have gone hand in hand with the new storage search function. There are so many brands that can’t be searched for in StarBazaar and only being able to limit our search by one thing at a time is horrible.

TLDR: They made the wrong change. This update is terrible.

35. 47 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 9:08 am

I prefere the old ones.

36. 48 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 9:29 am

The new changes are a bit difficult at the beginning. I wonder that i can´t find so many things.
    But the best is: klick on “Wardrobe”, chose “All”, then type the name of the item you´re searching for with a great first letter. So you can find some things faster and better. I tried with a little first letter and don´t find them.. so it seems to be important how you write items you are searching for.
    ….and at the moment i dont like the changes- everything is messy in the wardrobe.

• 49 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 10:14 am

Everything of my Couture Brands like Dior, Chanel etc. are missing.
      No matter how you write it- the items are not go to be found. We pay money for this and get pranked like this?! Its an effrontery in any way!!!
      I spend no longer my money until Stardoll fix this Problem fast.
      I´m not a human guniea pig to try things on and pay for it.

37. 50 Angry September 9, 2015 at 11:22 am

BRING THE OLD WARDROBE BACK ,THIS IS NOT WHAT THE USERS WANT

38. 51 :( September 9, 2015 at 11:40 am

Not happy stardoll, every other update i’ve seen has been okay but this is stealing from us, we pay good money to have our own digital wardrobe for others to use and see, it doesn’t feel like stardoll without the wardrobes

39. 52 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 11:43 am

By the way…. for searching any items you must know the name or the brand of the piece you are search for. Stardoll….do you think i know the designation of houndreds or thousands items in my wardrobe?!?
    And when you go over color search the system didnt find the items i need or want.

40. 53 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 11:54 am

Dont mind the update but please sort out the save problem, spent an hr fixing my suite up, clicked on save and an error came up telling me there was a problem saving and to refresh, refreshed and everything was back as before, so ANNOYING!!

41. 54 D: September 9, 2015 at 1:53 pm

WORST. UPDATE. EVER. CHANGE IT BACK TO HOW IT WAS OR I WONT BE PAYING ANYMORE

42. 55 Demi September 9, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I can’t tell that the new changes are even close to “good” as a matter of fact the make matters worse. It is not convenient at all and it is also a nightmare if you had your thing organized by your one. Also the thing with your missing new clothes it’s very annoying. On the other hand the search bar it’s a good idea, but i think that is useless as it is, as not many people remember their “clothes names” it would be nicer if you could search the number of the page that you want. I was also liked the idea that you could put clothes in your storage (I used to put the clothes that i don’t use very often). In conclusion if not change it back to how it was at least make it more convenient and simple please.

*PS Stardoll need to update more important things than our wardrobe!

43. 56 ChriszinhaStar September 9, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I don´t like!!! I can’t find my stuff. It’s more difficult to change the rooms. It doesn’t work for me ! In fact I hated!!!

44. 57 Anonymous September 9, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Not happy. I want my suit back!!!

45. 58 lorena September 10, 2015 at 2:19 am

when this remodeling arrived in stardoll?

46. 59 Anonymous September 10, 2015 at 9:35 am

I want to organize my closet on my own way. Please bring back my old suit.

47. 60 Ida September 10, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Hate it! There better be an option to keep the closet.

48. 61 Fed up September 11, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I have just spent 2000+ stardollars on the new LE decor, to find i had to refresh the page due to a saving error, and now all my LE furniture is gone! The missing wardrobe is bull and this new storage system is even more bull, give us the option to have the old wardrobe back clearly everyone hates this, stardoll listen to the users for once (the people that actually pay you)

49. 62 kikinha_25 September 11, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I’ve a suggestion for Stardoll. Several kinds/colors wardrobes on next Basics Decor Collection!

50. 63 Anonymous September 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm

I LOVE this new update stardoll!

Everytime you update it just gets better and better! I`ve been on stardoll for over 2 years & pay a lot of money for it and love it! The new update I`ve been wishing for, for years! Now no one can see your closet, along with your friends so now you can have everything in one place! Love it!

51. 64 Taylar October 3, 2015 at 3:26 am

im not able to save my suite change it back!!!

52. 65 Jess October 17, 2015 at 5:35 am

I don’t like this new feature at all. I had my closet organized the way I liked. This just mixes all the clothes I didn’t use often (storage) with all of my favorites. It’s just no good for me. It would be better if we had the option to have a closet when we customize the room. Then for those who like it, they can keep their clothes in the menu or have it in their suite, like I would like.

53. 66 Anonymous February 5, 2016 at 1:10 am

it was much much easier to dress my doll with the closet feature- the clothes were already in the same ‘dimension’ as my doll- if that makes sense? i think, along with the new suite editing options (basic room, room colors, etc) you should have an option to put the closet back………please….